If you wish to Study in Australia, you would need to apply for and get an Australian Student Visa.
As per the new visa guidelines implemented by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, the Australian Government, all students planning to study in Australia need to apply for Visa under Subclass 500 with effect from July 1, 2016 .Applications prior to July 1, 2016, were accepted under different sub classes. The latest changes have combined the former sub classes 571 – 576 under subclass 500.
What is the minimum IELTS band required for an Australian Student Visa?
There are a lot of queries that come in from students asking about the minimum IELTS band requirement for an Australian Student Visa. However, let us clear this confusion once and for all. Study abroad aspirants are informed that your IELTS Score does not impact your Australia Student Visa as your IELTS Score is a university requirement.
So for admission to an Australian University, candidates usually require an overall band score of 6.5 with no component band score below 6 for postgraduate programs and an overall band score of 6.5 with no component band score below 6, for undergraduate programs and some programs like law, laboratory, nursing, etc. have higher IELTS band requirement.
Documents Required for Student Visa for Australia
Students can ascertain the documents which would be required. We are providing you with all the possible documents which might be required under Streamlines and Regular Significant documents. Remember, since the application is only online, students must ensure that they have scanned copies of all the documents listed ready before they start their online application. Also, please remember that the list of Regular Significant Documents is in addition to the documents required for the SSVF processing.
- Valid Passport – Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in Australia.
- Non-immigrant Visa Application
- Application fee payment receipt
- Confirmation of Enrollment Form (COE) – To obtain a visa to study in Australia you must be fully enrolled in an Australian institution and receive a “Confirmation of Enrollment (COE)”. These forms are issued by the Australian institution you will be attending. The forms are usually issued after the tuition fees have been received.
- Acceptance letter from your host university, this will include the proposed study plan
- Overseas health insurance receipt (OSHC)
- Recent Digital photographs
- Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended
- English Language Test Scores
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Evidence of Financial Capacity