In order to meet the eligibility criteria laid by Canadian Government for higher studies, Indian students need to get study permit and Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)issued by CIC.
What is a study permit?
In Canada, a student visa is known as a Study Permit. To lodge your visa application you will need to provide the documents outlined in the checklist we provide you.
Just like your admission application, We will keep you updated as to the progress of your application and take the hard work out of tracking your application by keeping in contact with the visa office on your behalf.
To study in Canada, International Students have to apply for a study permit. Before applying for a study permit, students must have been accepted at a recognized school, university or college in Canada.
Check the step-by-step process to applying for Canada study permit
1. Documents required for study permit
- Application form (2 passport size photographs affixed)
- Personal Information form
- Student Questionnaire Form
- Letter of acceptance from Canadian Educational Institutions
- Use of a representative form
- Copy of Certificat d’acceptation du Québec – CAQ (for Québec bound students)
2. English Language Proficiency Exam Score
- IELTS / TOEFL score card (taken within last 24 months and overall score not less than 6.0)
- Copy of most recent degree with mark sheets
- Other educational degrees
3. Proof of Funds
- Financial Documents (Funds to be shown: Tuition + living cost for minimum first year study period)
4. Visa Application processing times
The estimate time for processing visa application to be reviewed by CIC is 3-4 weeks from the very day of submission. Howevwer,the time taken to review and approve the application is invariable and depends on the decision of CIC officials.
5. Visa Application processing fee
The cost incurred in the process of issuing study permit for Canada is around CAD$ 150 (equivalent to INR 7, 845, as specified by the CIC website) depending on the current FERA policies. The currency exchange rate should be checked to know its actual value during the time of visa application.